Univeristy of Waikato
Learning Management System Design and Development
Learning Management System design and development for The University of Waikato
The University of Waikato is ranked among the top 1.1% of Universities in the world, with research that is ranked highest in New Zealand for quality and impact, tackling issues of national and global importance.
MEA worked with The University of Waikato to design and develop a new learning management system, focussed on improving the user experience for both students and staff.
Moodle 3.3 was implemented to replace three bespoke learning management systems across different faculties.
A new design was executed with a fresh and intuitive user experience that has been well-received by students and staff alike. To assist staff with paper setup and migration to the new platform, a series of wizards were designed that guide users through the key paper setup processes.
An "AA" accessibility standard was achieved allowing better access to people with a range of disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning, and neurological disabilities.
MEA provided user experience and user interface design, front-end and back-end development, testing and QA and consulting services:
- User Experience design (UX design)
- User interface design (UI design)
- Level AA Accessibility Conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
- Moodle theme and plugin development
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins
- Testing and QA including implementation of a test automation platform using Selenium and Jenkins