Web developer (Hamilton or Auckland)
MEA are an award-winning company & tech product lab at the forefront of strategic, digital and creative capabilities. We help to transform and grow business by developing compelling experiences and solving complex issues.
Our team has been building apps, websites and SaaS products since before the App Store was invented. Our native mobile app & website projects serve millions of users worldwide. We work with major brands around the world, including T-Mobile, Kodak, Levi’s, Rip Curl, MTV Press, Samsung, The Warehouse Group, Waikato Tainui, AUT, The University of Otago, The University of Waikato and many more.
We're seeking an experienced Web Developer to join our growing developer team. You'll have the opportunity to work on international and national client projects and MEA's own flagship products. Join a flexible and continually-learning company, contribute your ideas and deliver intelligent, innovative results.
Our ideal candidate has experience or holds knowledge in:
- HTML, CSS and JS to build and deliver modern and responsive websites
- Backend PHP frameworks such as Laravel and Symfony
- Frontend JS frameworks such as AngularJS, Angular2+ and Vue.JS
- Creating, managing and optimizing databases using MySQL
- Handling AWS infrastructure, specifically EC2, S3, RDS and Elastic Beanstalk
- Unit-testing, e2e integration testing and basic UI/UX fundamentals
- Workflow using version control systems, specifically Git
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Become a vital part of delivering client projects both nationally and internationally
- Support the development and delivery of our in-house tech products
- Join a close-knit and supportive team of developers and designers
- Use industry-standard development workflows and tools
We offer a friendly, collaborative work environment with flexibility and a supportive management team. Individual expression is encouraged, in an innovative & modern office with industry-standard development workflows & tools. We provide individual options to accommodate your preferred work environment, including options for stand up desks.
This is a full-time permanent role based in our Hamilton (NZ) office; however, for the right candidate we may consider being based in our Auckland office. To apply for this role you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
To be considered, send us your CV and a cover letter outlining why you're a great fit for the MEA team.
Please note due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
For more information or to apply email email@example.com
Join our team
We're always on the lookout for interesting and talented people
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you if something suitable comes up.