Ruby on Rails Developer
Make something that matters. Work on many different things, that are set up to succeed and be a part of a team that trusts each other, providing opportunities for you to grow professionally.
MEA is a creative agency and app developer - since 2007. Nine of our apps have reached #1 in a range of app stores. We make our own apps, websites and services, as well as for the world’s largest brands including Levi’s, Rip Curl, Samsung, and more.
Work with cross-functional teams with deep domain expertise, and have the opportunity to work with new technologies and platforms.
What You Will Be Doing
- Creating and improving functionality in our Rails-based applications
- Taking ownership of features, projects, the whole stack
- Collaborating with our team in our office, and with other NZ-based remote teams and contractors
- Working across a range of web properties such as our administrative interface, customer facing web sites, and mobile web apps
- Helping to support native applications for iOS and Android
- Contributing to team meetings with ideas and advice
- Relational databases - PostsresSQL
- Git or another modern SCM tool
- Collaboration, direction, and support in a distributed team environment
- An ability and passion to write lean, clean and accurate code
- Good knowledge of Server platforms (linux/unix) and infrastructure management tools eg
Apply by submitting your CV to email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Join our team
We're always on the lookout for interesting and talented people
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you if something suitable comes up.